Are you 11 years old or under? Do you love drawing, colouring or painting?
Then this is just for you because MADhurst and the South Downs National Park have joined forces with a nature-loving art competition to celebrate the Park’s 10th anniversary. They’d like to inspire you to turn one of the South Downs National Park’s iconic species into a piece of art!
All you have to do is create an amazing artwork showing ONE of these animals:
otter | water vole | sand lizard | emperor dragonfly | barn owl | natterjack toad | red kite | adonis blue butterfly | hare | potter bee
There are three age groups:
5 years and under | 6 – 8 years | 9 – 11 years
Submit your artwork by 31 May 2020 and you could be in with a chance.
All entries will be displayed at the South Downs Garden Party at the South Downs Centre Midhurst (details to be announced). First prize and runners up prizes will be awarded in each category.
Winners will have their artwork turned into a limited edition postcard, which will be available for sale in the South Downs Centre, while stocks last.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The competition is open to children aged 11 years and under, inside and outside the National Park.
- Entries must be two dimensional and drawn/painted on A4 paper.
- Entries will be judged according to three age categories:
- 5 years and under
- 6 – 8 years
- 9 – 11 years.
- Entry to the competition is free.
- Only one entry per child.
- Your entry must be accompanied by a completed entry form. Any artwork submitted without a completed entry form will not be entered in the competition.
- By signing the form, the parent/guardian gives permission for the entrant to take part and for the National Park’s Media and Public Relations Officer to make contact with the parent or guardian to discuss public relations opportunities.
- Artwork and completed entry forms to be emailed to MADhurstartcomp@southdowns.gov.uk by midnight on Sunday 31 May 2020.
- Proof of entry is not proof of receipt. Please check your junk mailbox if you do not receive confirmation that your competition entry has been received.
- No responsibility is accepted for network, computer hardware or software failures of any kind that may restrict or delay the sending of your entry. No responsibility is accepted by SDNPA for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete, or which cannot be entered for technical or other reasons.
- By entering the competition, you grant the SDNPA a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence to reproduce, enlarge, publish or exhibit, the artwork and/or images of the artwork. This may include, but is not limited to:
- News coverage of the competition
- SDNPA newsletter
- SDNPA website
- SDNPA Facebook page
- SDNPA Twitter feed
- SDNPA Instagram feed
- Publications – such as leaflets and reports
- For use in press releases to be distributed to national, regional and specialist press giving information about or promoting the competition
- Winners will have their artwork turned into a limited edition postcard, which will be available for sale in the South Downs Centre, while stocks last. Any profit from their sales will be donated to the South Downs National Park Trust https://www.southdownstrust.org.uk/.
- Winners will be announced later in the summer.